The first stamp club in Toowoomba, known as the Darling Downs Stamp Collectors' Association, was formed on 11 May 1895, and was the second club in Queensland (following the Queensland Philatelic Society). The Association appears to have had a short life, with no details of any meetings other than the inaugural meeting being found.
A second club, the Toowoomba Philatelic Club, was formed on 14 September 1897. This Club appears to have lasted for at least two years, with a report of a meeting on 17 January 1899 being found. Precisely how long the club survived is not known.
The Toowoomba Stamp Club (in its present form) was formed in August 1957, and was known as the Queen City Philatelic Society.
The present name was adopted on 26 November 1977, when members voted to change the name from the Queen City Philatelic Society to the Toowoomba Stamp Club.
The club has an active membership of about 60, with collecting interests covering the whole spectrum of philately.
Monthly meetings usually have a varied content, with anything from a club auction, a visiting dealer, a members display or a talk on a specific subject. All members are encouraged to contribute, and we welcome visitors and juniors.
The club hosts the annual Heritage Trophy, a perpetual award open to any member of a club which takes a table at our annual Stamp Day.
| || || |